Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Errands

I use to HATE running errands and really hated going to the grocery store but God has shown me to appreciate the freedom to get up and go. Today was the first time to have a nurse for the entire day so that I could get some things done and it was WONDERFUL! I took Madison to school and then Gage. I went grocery shopping, got my haircut, ran to Staples, went to the post office, and then ran to the ATM to deposit checks that we have had since December but I had no time to take to the bank. I then tried to kill a few weeds in the yard since it was a beautiful day and did a little watering. I also started 3 different projects but got bored with each one fairly quickly so I did not finish even one. I did miss cuddling and playing with Autumn today though. It was a good thing we had a nurse here though since she was awake from 6am-2pm. I don't know what her deal was. I have moved her bottles to 5 ounces and tried once again to give her cereal by mouth but she did not like it. I even tried cereal with applesauce--I guess she can't stand the texture. I'm not worried about pushing her though so I will just be patient and let her eat when she's ready. :) Tomorrow we are finally getting cable hooked up in her room so that we will have something to watch when we are trapped in her room all day long. Yea! Poor little Autumn is getting bored laying in her bed all the time so I have been trying new things to make her happy. She tries to lean forward like she wants to sit up but the problem is that she does not have the head or trunk strength to sit up. I know she must be frustrated because her mind is telling her she's a big 5 month old but physically she is like a 1-3 month old. I want to get her a bumbo as soon as she is able to hold her head up so it will give her the support she needs to sit up. She's also starting to grab onto toys more and reach for things so I can see small improvements so hopefully the neck strength will be next. Not much more to update on right now--will post if anything gets exciting around here.

No comments: