Did you ever wonder what a $6,000.00 stroller would look like? Well, here it is. We are so excited that insurance has approved our stroller and we got it today. The first picture has the tray attached but you can barely see it since it's clear but it is big. There's also feet stir-ups that one day Autumn will grow into and probably use.
Here's the front view...I think she likes it.
This is the side view where the oxygen tank is attached. It does not fit through narrow doorways when the tank is in but the great thing is the holder detaches easily and I can take it off to push through a doorway and then put it right back without having to take the tank out.
This is from the back view showing that there is an attachment that attaches the vent directly to the back of the stroller so we can see the buttons and get to it. I put her bag with the emergency trachs and ambu bag behind the pulse ox and the put the pulse ox on top of it. You can see she was sitting at 100 on her new breath rate. I'm so proud of her. There is also a small pouch to put things in behind the vent in case I need it.
This is the other side view where I hung her diaper bag over the arm rest and then used the plastic ties things that comes with her circuits to tie the circuits up so they won't get caught in the wheels.
Here's a front view showing the suction machine fits perfectly underneath the front of the stroller. It works perfectly here because Autumn is not suctioned too much so it will be out of the way unless we need it.
The only bad things about the new stroller is that it does collapse down but I think it's too heavy for me to load and unload by myself. We're not even sure if it will fit in the back of our van with the seat up so we will have to test that out before we go anywhere. There is also no latch to keep it from unfolding when we pick it up so that we ordering us something to latch it down to help when we are lifting. They are great about fixing anything to help us out.
Here's the front view...I think she likes it.
This is the side view where the oxygen tank is attached. It does not fit through narrow doorways when the tank is in but the great thing is the holder detaches easily and I can take it off to push through a doorway and then put it right back without having to take the tank out.
This is from the back view showing that there is an attachment that attaches the vent directly to the back of the stroller so we can see the buttons and get to it. I put her bag with the emergency trachs and ambu bag behind the pulse ox and the put the pulse ox on top of it. You can see she was sitting at 100 on her new breath rate. I'm so proud of her. There is also a small pouch to put things in behind the vent in case I need it.
This is the other side view where I hung her diaper bag over the arm rest and then used the plastic ties things that comes with her circuits to tie the circuits up so they won't get caught in the wheels.
Here's a front view showing the suction machine fits perfectly underneath the front of the stroller. It works perfectly here because Autumn is not suctioned too much so it will be out of the way unless we need it.
The only bad things about the new stroller is that it does collapse down but I think it's too heavy for me to load and unload by myself. We're not even sure if it will fit in the back of our van with the seat up so we will have to test that out before we go anywhere. There is also no latch to keep it from unfolding when we pick it up so that we ordering us something to latch it down to help when we are lifting. They are great about fixing anything to help us out. We are also getting our backpack for the vent and the lithium batteries today as well so I'm excited there will be no more lugging around the HUGE back-up battery. We are also getting another pulse oximeter to try out over the weekend to see if we like it better than the other one the insurance purchased for us. If so, they will give us that one and send back the other one but if not then we will probably have to deal with the one insurance got us. If it just had a different beep that I could hear better and if the sensor did not have to go around her toe it would not be so bad. I love it has an internal battery of 16 hours compared to the one we have now that only has a 2 hour battery. So, right now we can only be away from plugs for 2 hours before needing to get her to one...that's sorry for when we want to go to fun places but we'll manage I guess. So, it looks like we will get to take our little girl to church for the first time this Sunday. YEA!!!!
4 comments:
Oh Lacy!! You guys are incredible! Congratulations on the stroller.....what a blessing! She is such a doll and I would LOVE to meet her someday:) Bless you guys and your sweet hearts!
Very swanky. I like it. :o) Autumn looks like she likes it too!
Btw, to help with your circuit you may want to try the neogrip tubing and cable organizer by neotech. We couldn't live without ours. Here's the website to request a free sample: http://neotechproducts.com/neogrip-tubing-cable-organizer-p-41.html
I love your blog makeover. It looks so nice.
And I am so glad that you finally got your mcuh needed stroller. It looks like it will be a lot easier to get everything around with this one.
Btw, I meant to ask what the weight limit was on your new stroller? Will Autumn be able to use it for several years?
Post a Comment