Friday, May 1, 2009

Nurse update

Just got an update on my nurse. She is in ICU with a slight head injury--she's seeing double. She does not remember what happened but they think she will be able to make a full recovery and be back to work in a couple weeks.

My nurse tonight now has the stomach virus so he will not be in--James and I will just have to order take out somewhere and watch a Netflix movie for our date night. I don't mind though since it means I don't have to get ready to go out. Madison and Gage will be at moms so it all works out fine.

So, out of the last week we have only had nursing 2 nights out of the 7. We are managing just fine just like I thought we would. My nurse coordinator feels bad and wants to send new nurses over to cover but I'd rather have no nurse than a new one. I'm picky and I really like having the privacy and Autumn to myself. Next week my old nurse may cover a couple of shifts for the one who got in the wreck but I told them not to worry about the rest. God's showing me that we find ways to manage and with my mom and James stepping up to help we are making it all work out.

Now, if we could just get Autumn all better everything will be good. We also need to get all my nurses better as well.

1 comment:

Niff and Andy said...

Wow - sounds like you've been hit with a whammy! I hope your nurse is okay. That sounds a bit scary. Is Autumn feeling any better at all? :o(