My kids that me make what I am today!!
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommy's out there!!! 10 years ago when I first became a mother I never realized how much my life would change and how much love a person could hold in their heart.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommy's out there!!! 10 years ago when I first became a mother I never realized how much my life would change and how much love a person could hold in their heart. Madison is my first-born and she has broken me into motherhood with a bang! She has those qualities that I never liked about myself but seeing them in my child has made me learn to love those qualities in myself as well. You know, the stubborness and independence. She was the child I could never take anywhere because you never knew when she was going to have a breakdown and throw the biggest temper tantrum. We have had so many fights and arguments over the years....I was such a young mother when I had her so me trying to find myself and become a woman myself and trying to raise a little girl at the same time was not easy. I think though we have both found an appreciation for each other and our relationship is now starting to blossom. She is so intelligent though so I am trying to figure out how to teach her...she's like a robot and needs step by step instructions and can not handle any curve balls. Her mind is programmed on a level that it's hard for me to know how to teach her but with many mistakes on the way I'm slowly learning how to communcate with her. She's also very sensitive and emotional (something I'm not) so it's hard for me to see her letting her emotionals control her and how to handle that without losing my patience with her. Today Madison amazes me with the love and compassion she has for others. She's always willing to help me out and is so caring. She's the kid you can see going either way but she has a good head on her shoulders and is walking in the right direction.
Gage is my only son and a momma's boy (I at least like to think so). He showed me how boys are totally different than girls. When he was a baby I could not keep him out of eating the dog food or climbing out of anything I put him in. His energy level amazes me....he does not like to sleep so is on the go ALL day. He is such a happy kid and he can go from crying to laughing in minutes. He is so talented as well but a little too competitive. He's at the age now where his temper is showing through and he can be a drama king. It's so cute though when he gets mad because he's still so small. He's also breaking me into all the boy thoughts and gross words they like to say that they think is so funny. He loves to be naked and thinks it's okay to pee just about anywhere. Boys are a different species. :) He's the one who will cuddle with mommy and just love me whenever I need some affection. I always tease I'm going to be a horrible mother in law one day because Gage will always be my little boy and he knows how to always make me laugh.
Autumn is my sweet baby girl and the one who has shaped this mommy into something I never thought I'd become. Being a mom in general is the hardest job in the world but becoming a mom of a special needs child makes you reach deep down inside yourself for the strength you never thought you possessed. I guess it's the secret tool God has given special needs moms, along with a side of perseverance and a voice to speak out for your child and stand up to people that would normally intimidate you. All of my children bring me joy but Autumn shows me that joy that you can possess even when things aren't the way you imagined them to be. I never thought such a little baby could become such an inspration to me. Seeing her wake up each day with a smile on her face even after all the 7 surgeries she has endured. Seeing the pride beam out of her eyes when she has held her head up...you can already see the drive and determination in her eyes at such a young age. I know her and I will endure MANY challenges ahead but I feel the hardest part is over and if we got through these first few months we can get through anything. ;)
Not only do I have wonderful children I have an amazing husband and father to my children. I teased him yesterday about not being good about buying me cards or gifts but woke up this morning to my favorite gift of all time from him...a letter. He writes me letters that ALWAYS make me cry. This letter was just how proud of me he is and how he is thankful I'm the mother of his kids. I think this is the ultimate compliment for any mother to know your husband is proud of you and thinks you are the best mother for his children. Honestly, I am only the mother I am today because I have a man that is there to help me every step of the way. I don't know what I'd do without his support and love. He told me when he thinks of me he always thinks of Proverbs 31 but this year 2 Corinthians 3:18 stood out to him.
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18
Becoming more like Christ is my goal and to see that James sees this Mother's Day I have changed and I am striving to be more like Christ each day is the greatest compliment as a Christian woman. God has used each of my children help me to get to the goal of becoming more like him. I know HE has lots more planned for me in the future and it terrifies me what I will be called to next but I know now I CAN do whatever He calls me to do.
Well, last night I told James it was going to be my day off today...lol....I forgot mom's never get a day off. I wanted to be able to bring all 3 of my kids to church with us on Mother's Day but Autumn's stroller did not come in so us trying to work through the crowded halls of our church with me pushing the stroller and James with the oxygen tank did not seem reasonable. Me trying to get Madison upstairs to her class and James taking Gage downstairs to his we could not break-up like we normally do with him having the oxygen tank. Madison and I planned going for a camp meeting a church but plans changed after I woke up this morning. First thing I got a phone call from my mom saying my MawMaw was in ICU sick. She thought she may have mono but last night she could not take her sore throat anymore and went to the ER and they admitted her to ICU. So, we are waiting to see what it is that she has and praying hard she will recover quickly. Gage woke up sick as well. He's been lethargic all morning and sleeping off and on--with me rocking him in between. Madison stepped up and has been taking care of Autumn. So, we decided to make the next camp meeting and stay home because I did not want to leave James alone with both kids just in case Gage starts vomiting and Autumn starts beeping at the same time...at least we can tag team with me home. So, it will be "just another day" for this mom and do the job I love best...being Madison, Gage, and Autumn's mommy!!!
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day! What a beautiful post. You do such a great job of sharing your journey and expressing your thoughts. You really are an inspiration Lacy :)
Post a Comment