Sunday, May 31, 2009

No tech day

So, I get this great idea one day while watching Oprah. It was about families who gave up things for a entire week....well, I'm not willing to go that far but I got a new idea. I told my family for the whole summer we are going to have a "no tech day" one day each week. I've already picked which days it will be each week and it will change everyday of the week so I won't have to miss a favorite show every week. ;) We are not going to watch TV, play video games, or get on the computer for an entire day. I decided to do this because I'm interested to see how much it will change our family. Honestly, I expect that I get A LOT more done each day when I'm not checking my facebook every hour and I think it will bring us closer as a family. We are tech junkies around here. It's not unusual for all of us to be in 4 different rooms watching 4 different TV's. Now that I have a laptop I will be watching TV in the livingroom while I'm on the computer (like I'm doign right now). James said he can't wait until I go to bed at night so he can get break the rules. lol. I'm fine with that as long as he gives it a chance while the kids and I are awake. I did not think it through though before I announced the plan because I'm wondering how I'm going to entertain Gage tomorrow while Madison is gone and I'm trying to take care of Autumn stuff and just can't tell him to go watch Noggin. Surely we can manage just one day each week....I think if not then we have a serious problem we need to address. We will be forced to spend more quality time as a family and become more creative with what we do with our time. So, Tuesday I'm sure I will have a lot to write about. Tomorrow will also be a day I will be on the phone trying to switch nursing companies and getting everyone notified like insurance, MDCP rep., and info to nurses who may be following us to another company and dealing with supervisors from our current company...I also have dr. appts. to reschedule so we will not be in Dallas week after week this summer. I'm also going to start getting serious about losing this baby weight starting tomorrow and I guess I will have plenty of time to workout tomorrow without no TV. ;) Have a great Monday and I will talk to you all on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

Nnnnnoooo! That means I'll have to go a whole day without "talking" to you! :o( I don't like this no tech day idea.

;o)

Actually I think it's a really great idea and I can't wait to hear what you guys did to fill the time!

Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a busy day for you. Try to relax some too, ya know!

Mikala said...

I love this idea! Reminds me of my 90 Days Without Myspace saga... but about this whole Oprah thing... ;)