Autumn has been doing good this week. I haven't called the doctor yet but I decided to up her Prevacid because I think that is what was causing her desats the other day. She's been doing fine since then....she's even back to no oxygen at night which just comes and goes. Well, I think we went too fast moving her breathing rate from 20 to 10...I think it may of pushed her too hard too fast. So, we moved her form 20 to 14 for a week and she did good so today I moved her to 10 and she did fine all day. Today I took Autumn to Madison's school for field day. Mom went with me but it was the first time to load up Autumn without James there knowing exactly what needs to be done without asking. It went smoothly though and the field day ended right when Autumn's pulse ox battery went out so it was perfect timing. She did great and enjoyed being outdoors all morning. Gage is back on the kick of wanting to hold and play with Autumn so here are a couple of pictures of them.


Gage went to his 5 year ceck-up today and did great. Of course the dr. was still pushing for us to do growth hormone shots with him but I explained our reasons why we are choosing not to at this time. There is no medical reason he needs them because he does produce the growth hormone it's just low doses and it would be just a cosmetic reason. We don't want him to grow up thinking something is wrong with him jsut because he's small. If he has a problem with his height one day and wants to get the shots then we will let him but I want it to be his decision. I want him to know God made him perfect and just because society thinks you should be a certain height does not mean that is what God wants. It was funny because the doctor was telling me about how he may have a hard time at school and may get teased....um...you don't think his little sister is going to have trouble with her issues..I think Gage will know that there are harder things in life than being short and he will be thankful that is his only "issue". Gage is so confident with himself that I don't think he will have any trouble with the other kids. He did gain 4 pounds and 3 inches since last year so he is growing but still not even on the charts. He is about 2-3 years behind on his growth but given his odds there was not much hope to begin with. ;) I thought she'd get onto us about his eating habits but was not too upset about it and thinks he will start eating better one day and jsut suggested giving him vitamins and pediasure to help with the nutrition. All and in all we are all doing well and ready for the summer!!!
2 comments:
Autumn is always so happy! I love it!
Andy and I have a system that whoever sits in back has to load the van. The theory is that whoever is in the back should know where everything is incase there's an emergency. But on the bright side, whoever didn't load has to unload it when we get home. ;o)
When we were weaning Mackenzie off SIMV, we had to take itty bitty steps. A few times she would show signs right away that she didn't like the adjustment, whereas other times it took a few days for her to finally throw in the towel and want her settings back. It could get very frustrating, but try not to get too upset about it. It'll happen... on HER terms. I think trached kids are control freaks. lol :op
I hate when doctors push something that's not medically necessary. They must get paybacks from the pharmaceutical companies or something. Arg!
Post a Comment