Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grape Nanny, Sadie, Maggee, and 6th month anniversary

What a busy 3 days we've had. Monday on our way to Dallas we stopped to visit Grape Nanny (James' grandmother) and Uncle Billy. She also took our Sadie to live with her so we got to see Sadie again. She remembered us but you can tell she loves her new home. We are so glad! Sadie with her cute haircut.
I just threw this picture in because it was so darn cute!

Tuesday evening after a long day of appointments we had been invited to have dinner with the Bryan's and Cole's.
Okay, this is how we met the Cole's: Both Brooke and I went to the same periantologist (sp) and they came across my blog and found out we were going to the same doctor and when I gave birth to Autumn, Brooke showed up at the hospital to meet us for the first time (the dr. had given us the heads up they knew us). I know, sounds like a stalker situation but they are a normal family.....I can just hear Brooke laughing as she's reading this about the whole stalker thing. Anyways, they ended up being in the NICU the same time we were and her mom (the Bryan family) and aunt had bought us gift cards to help with meals. They even bought us food while we were all hanging out in the NICU. Their daughter Maggee also has spina bifida as well. The are such a great family and we are so thankful to have met them and I hope we remain close throughout the years and give Autumn and Maggee a friendship to have to share similarities with each other. We make lots of jokes about what they will be like in their walkers and wheelchairs--that is what I like about them....they know how to laugh and not take life so seriuosly. They are super sarcastic and so much fun to be around.
Back to our evening, we all got together at the Bryan's beautiful home with their entire family (almost). They have been following Autumn's progress since before her birth and everyone wanted to see how well she's doing since seeing her last in the NICU. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and the food was yummy...the dessert was to die for. When James and I left we were talking about how we hope when our kids are all grown they will want to invite their friends over and still come hang out with us---you can tell their family is close and loves to be together.

THANK YOU ALL FOR A WONDERFUL NIGHT AND A TIME JAMES AND I COULD GET OUT WITH AUTUMN TO JUST BE NORMAL FOR THE EVENING!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Brooke and I
(I made her sit down because she's so tall)



Autumn and Maggee
(Okay I posted the wrong picture--Autumn looks scared in this one but Maggee is such a ham when it comes to pictures) We woke them up for pictures so I think Autumn was still stunned.....there is about 8 people looking at them and about 3 cameras all flashing
Today is the 6th month anniversary for Autumn getting her trach. I can not believe we have been doing trach care for 6 months now....I guess that's why I'm getting so good about doing it alone. I never thought in only 6 months we would be moving her vent setting down. Thank you Lord for all your miracles....big and small and for great friends and family.

*Correction to last post: I explained the breath rate wrong....it means how many breaths the vent takes for her in a minute and not the other way I explained. So, the vent will be taking 10 breaths for her each minute instead of 20. I was confused because you can see when the vent breathes for her and when she's taking the breath so I NEVER see the vent take the breaths but I guess they are being thrown in there at some point...probably the same time she's already taking a breath) At night though you see the vent taking all the breaths and not Autumn..most of the time.


No comments: