Today Autumn had her first dr. appt with her peditrician. It was about 25 degrees outside so we had to load her up and try to make our appt. on time. I really wish someone had a video camera to watch our whole ordeal. :) They delivered her lender stroller before her appt. so we could get her all strapped in but we ended up just using it to place all her equipment on and did not put her in it since it was too cold outside to move her from the car seat to the stroller. Anyways, we get to the office and we have her in the car seat, her diaper bag, my purse, a bag with her emergency stuff, her suction machine, the car size back-up battery, the vent, pulse ox machine, and o2 tank. We are trying to load everything on the stroller when we realize we forgot the adapter that hooks the vent to the back-up battery. So, we load everything on the stroller and James is rolling the stroller and o2 tank while I am carrying Autumn in the car seat. HE dropped me off in the waiting room and had to run home to get the adapter (good thing the vent has a 45 min built in battery). So, the waiting room was filled with people and Autumn's vent kept beeping power lost. I was trying to fill out all the new patient paperwork and every couple of minutes her vent would beep and I would have to keep silencing it. When James returned he could not find the adapter so he brought the power cord for the vent that has to be plugged into an outlet. He also brought in the car size back-up battery (which we could not use without the adapter), and the base for the pulse ox machine because he thought the internal battery would die before we got back home. Anyways, I made him take most of it back to the car since we already looked like we were moving into the place. HA! Well, she did great during her appt. and still does not react when she gets shots in the thighs. She moves her legs like she may feel it but her face does not change at all. Anyways, so we are good for a month before we have to go anywhere again. :) I hope our stroller will be in by then so there will be more room for all of her equipment and we may have to do another trial run before we head back to Dallas for more appts. By the time we got home both James and I were exhausted but w survived. I really like her new peditrician and he even gave us his home and cell number to call anytime we need anything and it's a good thing his office is just down the street. :)Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Our first transport
Today Autumn had her first dr. appt with her peditrician. It was about 25 degrees outside so we had to load her up and try to make our appt. on time. I really wish someone had a video camera to watch our whole ordeal. :) They delivered her lender stroller before her appt. so we could get her all strapped in but we ended up just using it to place all her equipment on and did not put her in it since it was too cold outside to move her from the car seat to the stroller. Anyways, we get to the office and we have her in the car seat, her diaper bag, my purse, a bag with her emergency stuff, her suction machine, the car size back-up battery, the vent, pulse ox machine, and o2 tank. We are trying to load everything on the stroller when we realize we forgot the adapter that hooks the vent to the back-up battery. So, we load everything on the stroller and James is rolling the stroller and o2 tank while I am carrying Autumn in the car seat. HE dropped me off in the waiting room and had to run home to get the adapter (good thing the vent has a 45 min built in battery). So, the waiting room was filled with people and Autumn's vent kept beeping power lost. I was trying to fill out all the new patient paperwork and every couple of minutes her vent would beep and I would have to keep silencing it. When James returned he could not find the adapter so he brought the power cord for the vent that has to be plugged into an outlet. He also brought in the car size back-up battery (which we could not use without the adapter), and the base for the pulse ox machine because he thought the internal battery would die before we got back home. Anyways, I made him take most of it back to the car since we already looked like we were moving into the place. HA! Well, she did great during her appt. and still does not react when she gets shots in the thighs. She moves her legs like she may feel it but her face does not change at all. Anyways, so we are good for a month before we have to go anywhere again. :) I hope our stroller will be in by then so there will be more room for all of her equipment and we may have to do another trial run before we head back to Dallas for more appts. By the time we got home both James and I were exhausted but w survived. I really like her new peditrician and he even gave us his home and cell number to call anytime we need anything and it's a good thing his office is just down the street. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
+017.jpg)
1 comment:
Wow! And I thought it was tricky to get my three to the doctor on time! You are definitely my hero. And it sounds like you and your husband handled it all like pros. Autumn certainly seems content too...I guess she had no idea of the ordeal that mommy and daddy went through :)
Post a Comment