Friday, April 17, 2009

Bonding time

(this is an older picture)
Yesterday Gage decided to start bonding with Autumn. I have not had the chance to move her into the livingroom for family time lately because of dr. appts. and nurses being here so yesterday I took advantage of some down time to let her hang out with Gage and I. Gage was really engaged with her for some reason. He kept playing with her and making her smile. He also wanted to feed her so I let him push the milk through her g-button. He also helped me push on her belly to get the bubbles out of her tummy and then feed her baby food by mouth. That was interesting since he kept sticking the spoon all they way to the back of her throat and making her gag. Big brothers are so sweet. She then got full and did not want to open her mouth so he figured he should just wipe the food on her lips so she could lick it off when she decided she was hungry I guess. :) I like seeing him finally interested in her--he even held her which I don't think he's done since the above picture was taken in February. This morning he kept going in her room to talk with her while she's swinging. She loves watching Gage and he gets her moving her head all around trying to follow him. Oh, sibling love! We even took Autumn outside for about 20 minutes to watch Gage and I play tennis in the backyard--she enjoyed the sunshine. I'm still anxiously waiting for her stroller to get here so we can all go for walks and to the park.
So, just when I thought I figured out the dose to Autumn's lactulose she gets constipated again. Well, constipation backs up her shunt and then she requires more oxygen. I guess since she is growing she is needing her full dose of lactulose now when in the past it would just make her have diarrhea and get diaper rash. So, now she is going again and last night did not need any O2 after 2am and sitting at 100 this morning. Although, now she keeps beeping so I think she's had enough sitting up swing time and needs to lay back down. She's a never ending mystery that we get to solve each day--some days she handles things and some she needs to take it easy. I guess it's an take it easy day today.

No comments: