Friday, April 17, 2009
This world makes me sad......
I know this is a touchy subject for many but since it's my blog I get to voice my opinion. :) I have a SB group on Baby Center and it amazes me how many drs. push for termination of babies who get the diagnosis with SB. One mom even came across another group who have terminated their pregnancy for medical reasons. Gosh, I don't get this at all!!! When is it my decision as a mother to decide if my child with a disability should live or die? What's the difference in terminating a pregnancy or killing one of my already birthed children? It the same thing and I don't get why people don't understand life begins at conception! Only God can create life and God is the one who decides when life is over. I don't care if a dr. told me that I would be carrying a baby for 9 months just to give birth to a stillbirth child or that my child will never be able to make it or have mental retardation---I would do anything for that child until God gives that child it's last heartbeat. I guess that is because I have HOPE in my life and I know who's in control. It saddens my heart for those who don't have this HOPE in their lives and who does not serve the same powerful God that I serve. I bet there is not one mother of a special needs child who kept their child and said they regret that decision. I am inspired to get pictures and videos made of our daily life with Autumn now and later when she is a growing and happy little girl so she can be an example of what could of been lost because of ignorance of those who think abortion is an option to deal with something they see as a problem or a baby they think will have a worthless life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your heart, Lacy! I couldn't agree more and I'm so glad you voiced it. What a gift Autumn is and what purpose her life has! Bless you guys!
Post a Comment