Monday, April 27, 2009

Negative

The drs. office just called and the results for Rotovirus came back negative. I guess it's just one of those 3 day viruses so hopefully today there will be no more loose stools for Autumn. She acts like her normal, happy self today and I will just be cautious with the formula. :) I was sick all night but feeling better today so far--I'm glad since we will not have a nurse again tonight and James really needs to work. Autumn did great last night and has gone 3 days without oxygen. Whoo Hoo!!!

3 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

I'm glad it's "just" a stomach bug and nothing more serious. Poor chica.

Btw, way to go Autumn on not requiring any O2!!!

Niff and Andy said...

Mac doesn't have a flextend. We were talking about getting one, but it was agreed that first we need to get her secretions under control before we add more of an area for her to plug off.

You have two vents, right? Instead of bagging her, why don't you put her on your backup vent until you get the circuit changed out? I'm sure it would be less stressful and, after all, that's what backup vents are for. :o)

Niff and Andy said...

It scares me that you guys don't have a backup vent. :o( Is your insurance not wanting to provide it? I always thought that every vented kid had to have a backup. We have 2 vents and 2 suction machines - just incase one fails. I would give your DME a call to see what they can do. Since Autumn really needs the vent, I would put my foot down in demanding a backup.