Tuesday, April 14, 2009
10 year check-up
So, this time it was Madison's turn to go to the dr. for her 10 year check-up--really the only reason we went for a check-up is for the doctor to sign a release for her to go to church camp this summer. Madison is my emotional drama queen so I was HATE taking her to the dr. So, the whole time we are waiting she is bouncy her legs and SO nervous that they will have to give her a shot or swab her throat (she truly hates this). She was saying how she wishes Obama would fire all the drs. in the world so that she would not have to go. :) Anyways, her blood pressure was a little high and they took it 5 times so they think it is probably from nerves but we have to check it at home every few days and go back in 3 weeks to check it again just to make sure. She is about 30 pounds overweight so her and I really need to start eating better and exercising more. YUCK!!! So, they check her shot records and see she needs 2 shots. Oh no--then it begun!!! While the dr. was giving me exercise, food, and TV instructions Madison just kept crying and begging me to do the shots another day. It was so ridiculus!!! She was having an anxiety attack I think. I kept telling her to just breathe deep and it would be fine. I was telling her to be brave and think of all Autumn goes through or better yet all the pain Jesus went through for us and know He can help her get through this pain. Nothing worked. I could not help but laugh at her because of how upset she was--of course she did not like that. If others could see the drama I deal with daily you would all be praying for me. HA! She kept saying she just wanted to DIE!!! Oh my goodness. Anyways, they finally brought the shots in and she squeezed my arm and it was over in no time. I threatened her that if she screamed or threw up she would be in MAJOR trouble so she was good and just cried. So, all was over and the anticipation was much worse than the actual shots. So, we get to do it again next year since these shots need a booster. Fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah... a tween girl. I don't envy you, although I'll be in your shoes before we know it. Did Madison at least get a sticker or lollipop like they do the little kids? :o)
Well that sounded like ALOT of fun!! HA! I am so sorry:) My daughter does the same thing, and I pray for the day we grow out of it:) You are one great mama!!
Post a Comment