Friday, April 24, 2009

What a mess!!!

She just made a diarrhea mess everywhere!!

Can you tell she's sick
So, I went ahead and fed Autumn her regular formula this morning to see if she would keep it down. She was doing pretty good so I decided to give her a bath to get all that vomit smell off of her. Well, then the diarrhea started. She went ALL in the tub so I quickly got her out and put a waterproof mat on her bed to sponge bathe her. She went EVERYWHERE. I went through 5 towels but finally got her all dressed. She took a short nap and then she woke up and threw up again. So, I was about tomchange her clothes when the diarrhea came again. I've never seen a baby have so much in their little bodies. It was shooting out of her and I was just looking at James like where do I begin...so we tag teamed to get the dirty sheets out from under her, got her a clean diaper, and cleaned up another huge mess. We decided to put 3 layers of towels on her bed and over her bumper pads so she would not ruin those as well. The funny thing is that she just smiles through it all!! So, I called the doctor fearing she may become dehydrated so they got us an appointment for this afternooon. They said it is probably viral and may go away in 3 days but it could be the rotovirus and last up to 10 days. She had another dirty for them at the dr. so they were able to get a sample and they are going to test for rotovirus. She has had 3 immunizations against it so we are hopeing that it not what it is because we don't want it hanging around and getting her dehydrated or spreading it to the other family members. Although James is already in bed feeling sick, go figure he's the one who gets sick. ;) We will know the results on Monday but we will treat the same way by giving pedilyte and making sure she stays hydrated. This is Autumn's first real sickness. :(

1 comment:

Niff and Andy said...

:o( Poor Autumn!!! When I first started to read this entry my initial thought was that it could be Rotavirus. I hope she feels better. Big highfives to you for being able to tolerate all those icky bodily fluids.