Monday, June 22, 2009

9 months old

Normally I would post a new picture of Autumn for a 9 month birthday but my camera has broke....new batteries aren't working this time so I can not get any of my recent pictures off of it. ;( I'm glad though mom and my brother got pictures from the aquarium so it's not a total loss.

Autumn is doing much better today. We also got our new day nurse, Becky. This is my friend Sarah's mom that is here for 10 weeks to work with Autumn and spend time with her Texas grandkids...let's pray she decides to move her permanently. She will be doing three 12 hour days a week with us and then will either do any extra 4 hours where I need her or on Sunday mornings. The longest day nursing I've ever had is 6 hours at a time so having a whole 12 hours is really going to free my hands to get other things done around here and then have 3 days a week where I can just love on Autumn and not have to worry about nursing care or therapy. Becky did great today and I know there is TONS of information to throw at her in one day. The most important thing is she will love Autumn like her own grandbaby and be here to help me. I've given up control and letting her do bottles, cleaning, supplies, and everything else related to Autumn. Honestly, I'm kinda nervous about being alone with Autumn so much now since her episode because I realize that in order to really assess her there needs to be 2 people here so it will be nice to just have someone here in case something else goes wrong.

I can not believe in 3 months my baby girl will be celebrating her first birthday and after Friday I am even more thankful for this 9 month birthday today. We all take for granted our kids being here with us each day so I am trying to be even more aware of how precious each day is that we are given. Autumn is back to normal today. She needed O2 last night but did fine all day long but I also have moved her breath rate back up to 10 during the day. I know the reason she stopped breathing was the water going down her trach but thinking if she had somewhat of a breathrate she would not of gone completely unresponsive so we are weaning back down slowly again. I also want to make sure I don't overwork her lungs right now. So, 10 it will be this week and maybe next week I will feel okay to go down to 6. We'll see. Autumn is still working on her same goals...I was sure she would have that head control by now but we are still working on it. She's getting better about pulling things though and has learned she can grab the side rails of her baby bed and pull herself to the side of the bed. She really wants to roll over but without being able to move her legs I thinks it's hard for her to get turned with just her upper strength and that big belly of hers. She is also still toothless....I check every morning thinking there will be one poking through but still NOTHING. I've tried giving her some Gerber puffs but she kind of gags on them so I'm kind of nervous if she will be able to eat solids...I will need to talk to her speech therapist about that one. Autumn though captures our hearts and can ALWAYS get a smile out of me....even though I'm being serious and telling her no she smiles that big smile of hers and I can't help but smile back....she's got mommy wrapped around her little finger. I never had problems telling the other kids no but Autumn has a way of making it so hard to be stern with her. I see trouble in our future with this. ;) We are all well and better today. Gage ran a little fever this afternoon but still acts fine so no telling what's going on. It's a better start to our week so far and we are glad to be back in a normal routine again.

No comments: