Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crazy day!

James woke up sick and since my sister-in-law has strep we sent him to the dr. right away. Positive for strep. So, Nana, Chris, the kids, and I loaded up and went to the aquarium out Jen or James. We had a great time at the aquarium and I will have to post pictures later. Autumn was awake for the first and last of it but missed some of the middle because she decided to take a nap. So funny since she will not nap on the 6 hour drive to Dallas. Anyways, her stats were good and the last 30 minutes her pulse ox died but she did just fine. We got home and James had been having the shivers so Jen had given him some tylenol. He then started vomiting and so I took his temp and it was 104.4. Thirty minutes later I took it again when I gave him some Motrin and it went up to 105.9. So, I called the dr. back and they said to come back in. My brother had to take him in since I had to stay here with Autumn. They were there for 3 hours....his vitals were not that good and so they kept him for observation and did more tests. They did a chest x-ray, urine sample, Flu test. They think there is something more going on than strep but not sure what it is. So, once his vitals got back to normal they let him leave and said to come back again in the morning to check them again.

In the meantime, Autumn's face started breaking out into a rash around her eyes and all over her forehead and head. I know she was a little irritated from the tape they gave her because she does have sensitive skin but started wondering if that was what was causing it or what different had I given her or put on her. I really could not think of anything then I was worried maybe she was getting a rash from strep like I know Gage has done in the past but she was not running a fever. Her stats had been low all evening so I was not sure what was going on. Thank goodness I have a wonderful pedi who gave me his cell phone number to call ANYTIME!! So, I gave him a call and he said it sounded like a latex allergy break out from the tape/gauze from the sleep study. I had told them she has a latex risk allergy but I guess the info was not passed on and I did not question it since we have never seen her break out and the latex risk is getting lower for SB kids since so many drs. are going latex-free. So, we gave her some benedryl and put some hydrocortisone on her face and it instantly started improving. I should of taken a picture but was too concerned about getting it taken care of and she kept itching her face from it. So, I guess now we know she IS allergic to latex and will REALLY let people know about it now. Just another crazy filled day. I think we may come back home Saturday instead of Friday now since James may be too sick to drive home....I hope he feels at least well enough to eat some of his birthday cake tomorrow.

No comments: