Monday, June 8, 2009

Bubble Bath and the Word of God

There is nothing like relaxing in a hot bubble bath and reading God's Word to calm all the thoughts in my head. This afternoon I got out to run errands...going to the dr. office to sign papers and then going to THREE different pharmacies for meds. Ugh...long story. Anyways, as I was driving I realized this was the first time I had been out of the house (besides church yesterday) since LAST Monday. No wonder I was going crazy not being able to get out in an entire week!!! After dinner I decided to take Autumn outside for some fresh air while I work on the backyard. Well, that lasted about 30 mins. before realizing how red her cheeks were and seeing her head soaking wet from sweat. This made me sad to think she will probably have to be stuck in the house all summer because it's way too hot for her outdoors. *sigh* I always feel like just when I feel like things are getting a little better there is something else I realize Autumn CAN'T do. So, feeling depressed I decided I just needed a good bubble bath and spend some time with my Lord. Here is something I read from my devotional today:

What was it that made Abram's faith so strong? The answer is that he did not look at the difficulty so much as he looked at the One who had promised. His eye was not resting on the problems, but upon the Promiser. Ray C. Stedman
Wow, that's a wake up call! I do need to focus more on being completely God dependent and God trusting and not focus on the struggles and problems that are going on with Autumn. It's a daily spiritual struggle against the flesh and Spirit...I tend to focus more on the physical things instead of the spiritual but I'm trying to work on it. Gosh, I have to if I want to survive this. Autumn's disability is not going away and I cannot control it so all I can do is completely rely on God through all the tough obstacles that come our way.
I also received an e-mail from a friend from church about my blog from yesterday.
Here is what she said:
"I know it was a hassle this morning but if you only knew how entertaining Gage was this morning! He is the big man on campus on the preschool side and tried to keep all the new kids lined out. He was so funny! You could tell he was having a blast and tried to show us how to dance during preschool praise! Everything was so stressful this morning with promotion he was great to make us smile and laugh. PLEASE know God intended for him to be here this morning to break up all the crying and worried parents. I needed his humor today.
Yes, this e-mail brought me to tears knowing there is always a bigger picture than I can see and that God used my 5 year old to brighten someone else's day and that is what makes it worth the hassle of getting our family to church. Thanks Amie for sharing that with me.

No comments: