Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summertime

Here are some pictures from the summer so far. We really have not done anything but sit at home and trying to entertain ourselves. Madison was gone the first week of summer to church camp and then was home for 3 day and then left again to go on vacation with her dad and grandparents. They are actually dropping her off in Dallas today with my brother and then we are driving there in the morning for dr. appts. and our summer vacation. Our vacation this year will be to the Dallas World Aquarium and to Build a Bear factory....not much we can do with Autumn but that will hopefully change some next summer.
I eventually got tired of playing lasar hockey with Gage on the Wii so I handed over the remote to Autumn so he'd have someone to play with. It did not last though since he got frustrated that she really could not play and took it away from her. It's never too young to learn how to play the Wii at our house.
These are some crocs Aunt ShiShi made for Autumn.
They are so adorable!

Okay, I went to the store the other day to get a bigger pool for Madison and Gage to play in and Autumn a little pool. I was completely upset that the pool was 10 times smaller than it was on the box. It said for a weight limit of 110 lbs. and the box had like 5 kids about the age of 7-8 all playing in the pool. Here is the real size of the pool. So, I will be going to back to buy a 3rd pool so Madison can have a place to cool down this summer as well. Gage still enjoyed it though.


This is the pool I got for Autumn. It's just enough water to cool her body down while we sit outside this summer. I did not want to get anything with taller sides since she can't hold her body or head up without support. She seemed to enjoy it.

Gage and I decided we needed to show Autumn what bubbles were. I remember blowing bubbles for Madison the first night she was home from the hospital and she had loved them but for some reason I have never thought about showing Autumn bubbles before. Anyways, I'm really not sure what she thought of them. She kind of just stared but with big brother leaning over her and screaming to pop the bubbles I'm not sure what I would think of them either.
Well, that's really all the excitement going on in our house this summer....I know so thrilling. ;) Autumn is still at a zero breath rate during the day but this past week she did to do as well as the week before. She has had a few episodes where the vent will apnea alarm which means it has been 20 secs since she has taken a breath and it will go ahead and kick her last breath rate back on. Her stats usually drop into the 30's when this happens. Not sure if it's a constipation/shunt back-up thing or if she's just been getting a little more tired this week. Once she does apnea I usually put her at a rate of 6 and keep it there until she's been doing good for awhile and then we will try no rate again. This week of dr. appts she has vent clinic and a sleep study. At first we were going to have a date night to celebrate James' birthday while Autumn was at the sleep study but I decided I wanted to stay the night with her instead. I just know how she is and I want to make sure they don't freak out when she desats on them since she's not like the typical trach child and her desats are central and not from breathing/lung issues. Plus if she does have a bad night I can be there is witness it and not have them saying how bad she did when we know what a real bad night looks like. She's also getting older and leery of strangers so mommy needs to stay close by to comfort her. ;)




No comments: