Well, I updated all of Autumn's dr.appts. on my blog and I am wondering why we are not already living in Dallas? She has 9 appts. scheduled between now and October and I know we will have to schedule at least 5 more so that will make at least 14 appts. in 4 months (if all goes well). I am putting my foot down with vent clinic next week and telling them I DO NOT want to come back until August because I want at least 1 month of no doctor appts. We will see if they cooperate with me. :)
So, I'm having a new concern with Autumn. I recently have noticed that in all of her pictures her right eye is always turned in. We do not really notice this in person just pictures. I have 2 wonders. 1)Does she have an eye issue that needs to be corrected to fix this problem? or 2)Is there a neurological issue going on that is causing all of her right side issues? She still does not have head control but it is getting better but evertime she turns to look to the right it flops down. If she is in her bouncer the head is always falling over and tilted to the right. She does fine to the left side. She also will not hardly put pressure on her right arm and favors her left. She also moves her left leg more than her right. I wonder if she has nerve damage that affects more of her right side than her left. Although, I watched a TV show where a boy always leaned to one side and it was because his optic nerve was too long and once corrected he was fine. I really need another thing to worry about with Autumn huh? My thinking if it is an eye problem then the sooner it is corrected it may help with her right side balance and control or if it is a neurological issue is there something we can do to help her. She seems fine and happy but maybe it's something that could be corrected to help her. Anyways, another question for the drs. when we see them next I guess.
Autumn has also learned how to wave. She started doing it closed fist a few days ago but now she open her hand and does it. She does not do it on command when we tell her to wave so she really does not know she knows how to wave but it's still cute to watch her. She also has figured out the if she grabs her two clear tubings on her vent and shakes them really hard it makes the disc/sense alarm go off on her vent and mommy or daddy come running. This is the same alarm that sounds when the vent disconnects from her trach so it is the "run fast to reconnect Autumn" sound. Anyways, we decided to tape the tubing down so hopefully she can not make us come running for attention anymore. She will have to stick to crying until her pulse ox sounds for us. ;)
2 comments:
Again, I am totally blown away. The level of thoughts that run through your mind on a daily basis is amazing:) It is totally obvious, even if there are times you don't think so, that God has amply equipped you for such a time as this! You guys are an inspiration and, literally, when I think of sweet Autumn, look at her picture and pray for her, my heart just gets overwhelmed. She is such precious gift and I would LOVE to meet her someday! Bless your family as you hold tight to His promises!!
I hate that you have to drive out there so muhc! That has to be so exhausting. :o(
I hope you're able to get answers to why Autumn favors her left side. I'm hoping for something simple!
(((HUG)))
Post a Comment