Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dallas packing list

I thought everyone might be interested in seeing what I have to pack up every month we go to Dallas for dr. appts. This is just the list for Autumn's stuff and does not count our luggage and then this time we are taking the kids with us so I will have even more to pack.
Here you go:
Nebulizer with case
Xopenex
Pulmicort
Nebulizer sets
saline
cotton applicators
gauze
trach ties
no-rinse soap
back up trachs
PMV and adaptor
60 cc syringes
socks
burp rags
PJ's
receiving blankets
big blanket
prevacid
lactulose
vitamins
all other meds she may need
med syringes
g-button extention
sterile water flush
formula
baby food
bottles
formula container
cereal with container
bowls with lids
spoons
bibs
wash cloths
high chair
boppy pillow
diapers
wipes
oxygen tanks and key
suction machine
suction catheters
back-up batteries for vent
surge protector
vent
vent backpack
circuits
water chamber
vent filter
vent heater
pulse oximeter
converter and tubing
gallons of sterile water
Big and small HME's
medical notebook
hats/hairbows
outfits
emergency kit
diaper bag
diaper cream
ambu bag and mask
battery adaptors
vent thermometer
regular thermometer
CPT mask
stethoscope
changing pad
shampoo
body wash
lotion
bath tub
towels
toys
stroller
car seat
and I use to think packing for a normal baby was a lot!!!
Depending on how long we stay depends on how much of each thing I will be packing. I have to make my list each time just so I will make sure I do not forget anything because it's not like we can just run to the store and pick up any medical equipment we forgot. I guess I better start packing. ;)

4 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

Do you stay overnight in a hotel? Why do you bring the highchair and tub and so much sterile water?

Lacy said...

No, we stay at my brother's. I bring the tub since it is easier to bring a tub to Autumn than to take her to the tub plus she can't sit up in a big tub. The high chair so she will have a place to sit up in while I feed her...her high chair is small and sits on a chair or can sit in her baby bed. The gallons of sterile water is for her bottles and water for the heater. I boil water ahead of time to make it sterile. She uses about 2 gallons a week.

Niff and Andy said...

You boil your own sterile water? Oye, chica, order some cases from your DME!

Btw, you can also use distilled water from what we were told by our RT. I don't trust it enough to do it, but I've heard of other people using it.

Lacy said...

I know, but our insurance won't pay for sterile water so it's cheaper to make my own. We were told NOT to use distilled that it had to be sterile. We also just found out they won't pay for gauze or lubricating jelly so that is coming out of our pocket as well. For some reason they can only use insurance and can not go through Medicaid until our insurance is dropped. Doesn't sound right to me since everything else uses Medicaid when insurance won't cover. Pharmacies are the same way though we have to only use one so of course we use Medicaid since insurance does not cover her meds. Our DME has to use insurance though since it's our primary. So confusing and frustrating.