Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sleep Study

Autumn's sleep study went well. Although, once I turned her rate up to 20 around 11:30pm her stats stayed up and she did not beep so they could not track any breathing issues but breathing is not an issue when it comes to lungs just central issues and I really don't think that shows up with this type of sleep study. At least it will show the doctors that her stats are good at the rate she is at and we can move her nighttime numbers down if she's doing well where she is. I don't even think the study showed if she was breathing over the vent. They watched her through a camera in the room and had her hooked up to all kinds of leads. There was also a microphone in the room to hear any sounds she makes while sleeping. They only came in once because she was sweating and it was messing up the leads on her chest. No nurses came in to mess with us....I slept on a bed in the room and got up every couple of hours to empty her water trap. I did not sleep well so when we were done at 5:30am James picked us up and we came home and crashed until 10:00am. Autumn did fine having all the leads placed on her head and of course mommy had to get pictures.
This one cracks me up with her crossed-eyes. Nothing bothers her. Still smiling away!!!
They wrapped her hand with diapers until she fell asleep so she would not grab at the leads. She dozed off right away and slept all night long. My perfect little baby.
This morning she had all the paste stuff all in her hair...wanted to get a picture before I gave her a bath but forgot. Now she has red marks on her face from the tape...she has extremely sensitve skin and thank goodness they only used tape on her face and just used gauze on her head.




2 comments:

The Durham's said...

Precious angel!! She had such Godly countenance already:) What a blessing she is to anyone who knows, or reads, about her:)

Mikala said...

She is such a sweet baby! I love her smile!