Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Auto mode
Yesterday about noon they put Autumn on auto mode on the ventilator and she started breathing on her own right away. She even had less desats yesterday then when she was on full mode on the vent. She only had to be bagged twice yesterday so we were so blessed she is doing so well so far. We have not checked in yet this morning so not sure how she did over night. I am sure there will be some set backs and more desats but we are still moving forward at this time and it feels so great. I just sat there watching all the purple marks on the vent yesterday everytime she would breathe and I was such a proud mommy!!! My God is great and he does hear our prayers. My fasting went great yesterday and it was nice to feel so intuned to what God is saying to me--I just keep praying I will not get discouraged if she does have set backs and to expect them. I am not sure when they will want to take her completely off the vent but I hope they can today so maybe James can hold her again before going home on Thursday. We still do not know if the meeting will happen today but if not then they are going to have to wait 2 more weeks before we are both back in Dallas at the same time. I do know now I don't want to do the trach unless she really starts doing bad again and there is no other options but the trach for her to breathe--God has given me peace and clearity on that issue now. I have decided I would rather have her in the hospital longer than just to get her on the trach so we can get home as long as she is improving on her breathing but if she goes back to having to be bagged all the time then we will do the trach but I can see God is still doing his work in her. Thanks to everyone who also joined us in prayer yesterday and continues to pray everyday for our family. We love and appreciate you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment