Sunday, October 12, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Madison, Gage, and I are back home but I will just be here until Tuesday. It has been 5 weeks and 4 days since I had been home and it felt weird seeing my house again and animals. Everything looked so different--I also forgot how to work our remote at first but things are coming back to me now. I had over 25 pieces of bills to sort through tonight and tomorrow I have a huge list of things I need to try to get done before flying out Tuesday morning. I wanted to just be able to relax with the kids but not knowing when I will be able to return I need to make sure I get all the medical bills in order and things taken care of before I leave once again. It will be sad to leave home again but I also am already missing Autumn and want to be by her side again. Today she is still pretty much knocked out. They do not think they are managing her pain well enough and are trying to get her feeling comfortable. It took 3 nurses just to turn her today since moving her is causing too much pain to her and she clamps down on the breathing tube. She has been sleeping most of the time and they decided to not take her off the ventilator until they know she is not in pain anymore. So, I guess this was a good time to come home and maybe when I get back she will be in less pain and they can start weaning her off the ventilator so we can see if she will continue her apnea episodes or not. Well, I am so sleepy and feeling a little overwhelmed tonight so I am going to take a hot bath and finally get to sleep in my own bed!!!

No comments: