Autumn had gone about 36 hours without an episode but when she was eating from her tube this afternoon I was making her take the pacifier to work on her sucking like the therapist taught us and she stopped breathing. She conitued to look around and still suck even through her episode but had to get the oxygen bag put on her. So, apparently she does not know how to coordinate sucking and breathing at the same time. They did the EEG today and hooked Autumn up to over 30 lines to her head and monitored her for an hour. They said they would know the results later today probably. The urologist came in and had great news for us. He said no more catherizing her because she is empting her bladder on her own and we will not have to worry about catherizing her at home either. We need to do a follow-up appointment with them in about 6 weeks though. I was really glad to hear that news--that was what I was dreading the most. We left the hospital today around 2pm so not sure if they have started the sleep test or not. If Autumn blows another vein they are just going to take her off the IV because she is already eating 24 cc each feeding and they hope to up it more so hopefully no more pokes or surgeries for her.
We received another blessing from God today. Last night was the police banquet and they give out door prizes. You have to be present at the banquet to claim your door prize unless you are working on duty. Anyways, James' name was called for a door prize and James' cousin stood up and explained to them that he was in Dallas with his baby who is in the hospital with spina bifida so they said he needed the door prize and he won $500.00 cash. God continues to provide our needs. I had not tithed this month because we have been away but saw that our church has a tithing online and so just yesterday (day of the banquet) I sent in our tithe. I was tempted to spend our tithe on bills but knew I needed to just trust God to provide for our needs and he always goes. God is so good and faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment