Autumn did a little better yesterday--she is taking small baby steps towards getting well. She was able to suck on her pacifier without having an apnea episode and is getting better about holding her pacifier in her mouth. I was able to hold her for an hour without her apnea and James and his parents were able to hold her for about another hour. They even turned her oxygen down to 26%. They had to add some calories and protein to the breastmilk because her blood levels are a little low. They are going to see if she is anemic and if so then she will have to get a blood tranfusion. Her back closure is slowly looking better and she has had physical therapy and speech therapy come in and work with her.
Yesterday I was very depressed and I am feeling the stress from being here and so is Madison. She is having a hard time being away from us and is ready for things to be back to normal. Please keep her in your prayers. I am going back home on Sunday and leaving again on Tuesday so that Monday I can spend time with Madison and Gage and have one normal life day--I hope the trip rejuvenates me and the kids to last a little longer. James will be heading back to work next Thursday so that is when it will really get tough for me to be here doing it alone for 4 days each week. We are hanging in there day by day and know one day there will be an end and we will be back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment