Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday morning

Yesterday was another uneventful day--Autumn slept all day and I was determined to stay until she woke up but I decided to give in at 6:00pm so I would not have to drive in the dark. James went home but I think it was good for me to spend the day at her bedside alone. I felt like I bonded with her some even though she never even woke up. She now weights 7 lbs. 2 oz. so she is getting bigger and chubby. She is back on tube feeding and they were going to try to wean her off the pain meds yesterday but she is still showing signs of being in pain so they promised they would not turn her meds down anymore as long as she is hurting. They may try again today to see how she does. They also want to put her on auto on the ventilator again but are waiting until she has more pain meds out of her system. She had a few more apnea episodes yesterday because of the pain. Today they are going to do another chest x-ray just to make sure her lungs are still clear (it is a routine thing). Today I will just sit by her side again in hopes she will wake up and look at me today--I don't think I've seen her eyes in a week so I miss her looking at me.

No comments: