Thursday, September 25, 2008

Autumn update

Autumn is doing pretty good. They took her off the ventilator today and she is breathing on her own. She is still having some episodes of apnea and will stop breathing and has to be stimulated. Right now they are just rubbing her to stimulate her and are trying not to bag her because then they will have to put her back on the ventilator if they have to continue to bag her. They want her off the ventilator because she was letting the ventilator do all the work and not producing enough co2. I finally got to go visit her today. Let me tell you she looks completely different in person than she does in pictures. She is MUCH smaller in person and just sweet and precious. Her facial features even look so different. I just wanted to hold her so badly. She would hold my finger and look up at me when I talked to her. She would get fussy anytime the nurses messed with her. We took more pictures and video. My brother will be posting one video of her hiccupping and some new pictures as soon as he has a chance. I hate it though because you have to stand by her bedside since it is so tall and so I started hurting pretty quickly. I was able to stay for about an hour and a half which 30 mintues of it was spend pumping and then I was feeling the pain and had to leave. I will just have to try to make short, frequent trips each day. I can not wait though for the day that I will be able to hold my baby for the first time and finally feel like she belongs to me and that she really is mine. www.autumn.haleydean.com

No comments: