Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday

Autumn started having a few more frequent episodes of apnea yesterday evening but James did she did a little better throughout the night. Her neurosurgeon is Dr. Swift and he came by to see her this morning. He was wondering why her eyes are so bruised and thought it may be from the breastmilk but since it has been bruised that way since she was 2-3 days old then that can not be it. Mom said one nurse told her it was because she cried so much when they were putting in the IV but I don't think it would get that brusied just from that for so long so I am not sure why they are that way-it may be from the IV they were putting in her head or something. They are going to do another MRI on her tomorrow to check the hydrocephalus and see if it has grown any. Today we plan to have several visitors so James and I are going to head up there and stay until everyone is gone then come back to the house to relax some. Having less sleep has finally caught up with me today. Since I have to pump every 3 hours I am exhausted--surely not ready to have a baby home yet and realizing that it is going to a lot of work when we are out numbered 3 to 2. It has helped to be able to recover without a newborn home and having a team of family to take care of the other 2 kids. Maybe we should just all buy one huge house and all live together and help raise all of the family together. HA! My family has been a wonderful help with everything and I appreciate them so much. I will have one more week with them all until they have to leave. My recovery is doing MUCH better now. I am just on Ibuprofen only now and it has been keeping the pain down and every once in awhile I will have a sharp pain and if I move too much then I will start to feel the pain a little more so I have been trying to not get up and down as much or bend down as often. I am getting more independent and only need help with shaving my legs when I shower and getting pants on. Mom is now able to sleep all night because I can get in and out of bed on my own. I still would never go through this type of surgery again so it is a good thing Autumn was the last and not the first because then I would just be a mother of one. :)

No comments: