Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Baylor NICU tour
Today James and I went to Baylor hospital to tour the NICU where Autumn will be for her first few hours of her life. We met with one of the doctors and she pretty much walked us through what to expect. She said that most spina bifida babies do not need any oxygen or anything extra to help them breathe so she will be pretty normal except for the opening in her back and she will have to be on her side and then tummy. They will cover the opening until she is able to be transferred to Children's and have surgery. They said as soon as I am recovered out of surgery then I will be able to go to the NICU to see Autumn but can't hold her of course. Both Madison and Gage will be able to see Autumn in the NICU and any other family or visitors. I can have 6 people on the list who can go in without James or I but everyone else will have to have one of us with them to go visit. She will only be there though the day she is born and then should be transferred that evening to Children's. Everyone at the hospital was so nice and helpful while we were there and welcomed us--even the doctor we talked to just saw us touring and knew exactly who we were and knew all the information about Autumn without looking at her file. They seem prepared for us and ready to take care of Autumn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful place, glad to hear you had such a great experience.
Post a Comment