Friday, September 26, 2008

I got to hold Autumn!!!

I made a trip to see Autumn this morning and to my surprise the nurse let me hold her. They were waiting to take her down for the MRI and I was starting to hurt from standing there looking at her. The nurse told me to sit down and that Autumn will have to stay on her tummy and lay flat but that they could set her in my lap so I could hold her. That made a whole day! It felt wonderful to feel her warm body in my lap and to be able to feel her breathing on my legs. Her little head was laying in my hand and she had her hand over my arm. When she first got in my lap she was making all kind of noises telling me all about what she has been going through these last 4 days. :) She was moving her head and just gripring about it all. She is so small that I put my pinkie finger next to her ear and her ear was about the size of half my finger. I was able to hold her for about 10 minutes before they had to take her away for her MRI. I really took holding my healthy babies for granted and I am just cherishing every little bit of time I get to be with Autumn. Well, Autumn did not do well at the MRI. She moved and cried the entire time so they do not know if they were able to get any good images. The doctors have not been in this afternoon to look at the images yet and if there are not any good ones they will have to do the MRI again tomorrow. I know everyone is dieing to see some new pictures so I will make sure my brother takes the time to sit down this evening to post ALL the pictures we have taken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I'm glad you were finally able to hold your precious little one!