Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Last night and surgery info

Update on me: Well, I slept almost an hour last night-I just was not sleeply. I am still on pain meds so not in any real pain. Today I have to do some coughing exercises and later they will take out my catheter and IV and make me get up to walk and go to the bathroom. I am sure that is when the pain will begin.

By the way if this post has a lot of misspellings or mistakes it is because I have slept about 5 hours in the past 48 hours so please ignore them.

Update on Autumn: Last night the vein on her head blew so they had to start another IV on her arm which made her aggitated and not want to be touched. During the night she was having apnea and would not take some breaths so they would have to stimulate (rub her) to remind her to breathe. Apnea is a symptom from the Chiarii II Malformation. James said she would sleep some until they would come take blood (like every 2 hours) and she would just cry and cry. They said they may have to start giving her oxygen but right now they are just watching her.
Her surgery has been scheduled for 10:00 this morning and it should take about an hour or a little longer. They still have no way of letting us know if her leg movements are voluntary or involuntary and I am not sure when they will be able to let us that. James took pictures of the hole in her back and we will be posting them this evening, he said it is a pretty big size. They said there is a 95% chance that she will have a shunt put in for the hydrocephalus but they will do that surgery at a different time than this surgery. Well, I am starving and my breakfast just got here but it just broth and jello with juice-I was wanting eggs, pancakes, and bacon. I hope lunch is better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats!

Emily said...

She is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying for peace and sleep for all :)