Tuesday, September 16, 2008

latest update

I met my OB that will be delivering me today. We just talked about the c-section and what to expect. I will only have to stay 2 nights at Baylor and then I will be released (if all is good). He also said he would tie my tubes at the same time so that made me happy. :) I really liked him and probably will not see him again until the morning of my c-section.

I went to my appt. with Dr. McGee to see how Autumn is doing and to discuss when we can have my c-section. We were going to plan for Sept. 29th but I am nervous that something may change before then and I would have to have the c-section before James and the family could get here. So, our game plan for now is to be checked on Friday and then on Monday do an aminocentesis to check for lung maturity to see if Autumn will be ready to be delivered next week. This would give us peace of mind delivering her early and also give family time to be here for the delivery. If anything changes though with Autumn between now and Monday then we will have to go ahead and deliver. I am really getting excited that the day is almost here to meet little Autumn.

My mother-in-law was released from the hospital today and got to go back home to Port O'Connor. They had no damage to their house from Hurricane Ike so God answered our prayers. My mother in law can walk now but very slowly and they said it would get better with time. Her legs are still extremely swollen so she is having to wear men's shorts--for those of you who do not know her--she is very petite and little (probably not even weighing 100 pounds). She will have to get lab work done every few days just to make sure everything looks fine. We are hoping she will be well enough to come meet Autumn but we want her to take care of herself and recover first.

No comments: