Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Clearheaded update
Okay I finally got an hour of sleep this afternoon and it made me feel like I received a full nights rest and I am thinking clearing now. A little more detailed update on Autumn is that the surgery went fine but it was not like a regular spina bifida surgery. Instead of the nerves kind of sticking out of the spine they were more flattened and yellow which does not mean anything to me since I am not sure what color the nerves are suppose to be. Also there was not much skin to stitch her up with so they made "dog ears" of skin at each end of the closure in case they need to go back and do more to her spine and there will be some skin already stretched to cover it. The pictures are already posted of the hole and the closure from after the surgery--looks pretty painful to me and the hole was pretty wide. Her blood pressure was going down after surgery so they were going to take her off the pain meds to check it again and then see if it changes and then fix her pain meds accordingly. I really hope I am relaying the information correctly because the info goes from the doctors to James and then to me and without much sleep I hope I am understanding everything correctly. :) I will have to post later about how I am doing but I am getting groggy again and need to pump one more time before I go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She looks so healthy & beautiful! I am so glad that the surgery went well. I hope that you were able to get some more rest last night. I love & miss you & can't wait for you to come home. Wish I could be there with you! We are going to get Madison's book today & get it in the mail.
Hi Sweetie!
I hope you are feeling better. I have been scared to call thinking you are finally getting some sleep and not wanting to distrub you. I am thinking about you every minute! I am hoping and praying everything goes good with Autumn. I watch your site every few minutes to see if you have posted. Love You Lots!
Nanny
AMEN On the looks painful part! Ouch! Poor little gal! But wow what medicine can do these days! Praying for you both! Get some rest! :)
Post a Comment