Sunday, September 28, 2008

Todays nurse

So the day we actually have lots of friends who wanted to visit we also get the picky nurse. She was nice but she was extremely picky about everything. When we first arrived we noticed that she had tubed Autumn because she thinks the apnea episodes are happening when she eats because of the sucking she is doing and how fast she is sucking down. The charge nurse (the one we really like) I do not think was so happy that she put the tube back in. It is frustrating that as parents we really do not have a say on any decisions made. She also did not like us rubbing on Autumn and trying to get her to wake up. She said we should only have visitors during her feeding hour and let her sleep the rest of the time--she sleeps no matter if she has the visitors or not. Also, Autumn got the hiccups which she did about 3 times each day while in the womb and the nurse said it was because she is getting stressed from all the visitors and stimulation although she even gets them in the middle of the night when no one is messing with her. The nurse let me change her diaper and take her temp but not without instruction on how to take an under the arm temp (duh, this is my 3rd baby). Her temp was low and the nurse said that could not be correct and I must not of had it under the arm well so I took it again on the other side (same temp). So, she thought we needed a new thermometer and still the same but that was not good enough for her so she did a rectal temp and once again got the same results. She then decided she did not have her heat lamp hot enough and finally turned it up. Also, she would not let us video tape me changing her diaper (said it was not allowed) but we have been videoing taping all week and not one nurse even the charge nurse has told us that it was not allowed. So, after 2 sets of visitors we decided that we should not have any more until after that nurse left for the day. She also wanted me to pump before I left since she would rather give fresh milk instead of frozen milk but the frozen milk is the colostrum that I pumped the day after she was born so you think she would need that the most. They did up her from 7 cc to 14 cc's. I guess we will see if she still has the tube in after that nurse is gone.

I felt great this afternoon when I was visiting Autumn and even went to the room myself without a wheelchair. Once we got home though my throat kind of started hurting and I just feel really run down. I took a late nap and tried to eat some soup but I am just not hungry. I am going to try to go to bed early and sleep in late and just take my time to go to the hospital tomorrow. I can't wait until all of my family is up there at the same time so we can get our first family photo--I have not been present when Gage has seen Autumn so hopefully we can take him tomorrow when I go. He has not really been interested in Autumn-he likes looking at pictures and videos but he could care less to go see her at the hospital. I am sure all of that will change when she gets to come home. He has really been growing up these past few weeks. This morning he wanted to brush his teeth and fix his hair all by himself. He did a great job and even spiked it up--he also bathes himself and washes his own hair now. It is sad that he is not my baby anymore but I have a new baby to focus on now.

No comments: