Friday, October 24, 2008

3 days in a row

So, Autumn is still doing really well. She will desat a little when they turn her but other than that she just lays there breathing over the vent. They plan to take her PICC line out tonight or tomorrow and will hopefully extubate her on Monday. So, the only things she will be hooked up to is the monitors, her feeding tube, and probably a nasal cannula if she is good and does not desat when the vent gets taken away. I feel like I need someone to wake me up from this dream--just last week she is not doing so well and now she is making great progress-thanks to God. They have the MRI report but there are no neurosurgeons that have come by to talk to me about them yet and the nurse practioners don't feel like they can expain it to me well enough--maybe I will get more info tomorrow during rounds but if not then I won't know the results until Monday. I think they were good though since they want to take the PICC line out--they were waiting in case we may have to do the trach and to see the MRI results. If she continues this good path maybe we will be home before Thanksgiving but I am trying to not get my hopes up too much.

1 comment:

PassivePastry said...

Hi Lacy,
I just got a chance to view your blog and hope to catch up some time soon....
but since I don't have time now:
where are you guys now? dallas? odessa?
how's madison doing? she's going to school in midland still right?
you are such a strong person to be going through everything- a lot of times by yourself it seems.

i bet this is all really stressful and i think it's awesome you are keeping everyone updated via blog. i have my own blog, but it's far more superficial. feel free to read it for some entertainment. :)

Jennifer